Kale is Among The Most Nutrient Dense Foods on The Planet!
1. Ten Health Benefits of Kale
Before we get to all the benefits, let me briefly explain what kale is… Kale is a popular vegetable, a member of the cabbage family (Brassica oleracea). It is related to cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens and brussels sprouts. There are many different types of kale. The leaves can be green or purple in color, and have either a smooth or curly shape. The most common type of kale is called curly kale or Scots kale, which has green and curly leaves and a hard, fibrous stem.
A single serving of raw kale (about 67 grams or 2.4 ounces) contains (1):
Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA (from beta-carotene).
Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDA.
Manganese: 26% of the RDA.
Calcium: 9% of the RDA.
Copper: 10% of the RDA.
Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
Magnesium: 6% of the RDA.
Then it contains 3% or more of the RDA for Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Iron and Phosphorus.
This is coming with a total of 33 calories, 6 grams of carbs (2 of which are fiber) and 3 grams of protein.
Kale contains very little fat, but a large portion of the fat in it is the omega-3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid.
Given the incredibly low calorie content, kale is among the most nutrient dense foods in existence. Eating more kale is a great way to dramatically increase the total nutrient content of your diet.
2. Kale is Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants Like Quercetin and Kaempferol
3. It is an Excellent Source of Vitamin C
4. Kale Can Help Lower Cholesterol, Which May Reduce The Risk of Heart Disease
5. Kale is One of The World’s Best Sources of Vitamin K
6. There Are Numerous Cancer-Fighting Substances in Kale
7. Kale is Very High in Beta-Carotene
8. Kale is a Good Source of Minerals That Most People Don’t Get Enough of
9. Kale is High in Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Powerful Nutrients That Protect the Eyes
10. Kale Should be Able to Help You Lose Weight